New release: still easier recipe import and improved compatibility
I have just uploaded the new release 3.4.3 of Shop’NCook Home, Shop’NCook Menu and Shop’NCook Pro. You can download it now here.
Registered users of version 3.4 can update to version 3.4.3 for free and do not need a new registration number. To install or update, just run the installer on top of your current installation. Like usual, it is always a good idea to make a back-up of your data before installing a new version.
The Mac release is again compatible with Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3. At the same time, all the small quirks on Leopard have been fixed. The Windows release is now signed, meaning that XP and Vista users will not see all the time these annoying “Security warning” message and can confirm they have the original copy of the software.
The new features include:
- a much awaited Paste button in the wizard;
- supports drag & drop of recipes – just drop the whole recipe text onto the recipe panel to import it;
- supports drag & drop of pictures – just drop a picture onto a recipe to add it;
- new Toggle button in the recipe editor to transform conveniently a line of instructions into an ingredient line and vice versa;
- On Mac, supports now the pict image format that is used in particular by FireFox and Internet Explorer browsers.
In coming posts, I will show some of the new features in action.